I was surprised to see these closed items today:
- Pathfider Drow speech [closed]
- Combat systems not inspired by wargaming. [closed]
The Speech item was similar to a previous items that weren't closed:
- What does Deep Speech look/sound like? (5)
- What's a Denver accent sound like? (4)
- What does a Troglodyte actually smell like? (3)
Likewise the alternate combat question seemed not that different from others asked before (though I'm having problems finding those examples, since it's not a topic I'm very interested in.)
And those two [closed] appear adjacent (an unfortunate coincidence).
These are only my personal impressions, but those closings look inconsistent with recent more "relaxed" accepting of these "borderline" questions.
If there's a consensus that we need to be more strict, so be it, but I'm a bit nervous that we could be too discouraging of new questions when we need more new folks engaging (and having a positive experience.)