The following question exists:
Currently, the following are duplicates of it:
- Do saving throw based spells that do damage count as attacks?
- Can a Ranger uncanny dodge a blizzard?
- Does an savethrow-type attack cause critical damage for an unconscious creature?
- Does lightning bolt trigger wrath of the storm?
Also currently, the following are not duplicates of it:
- Is a spell with an attack roll "an attack" for the purpose of Sneak Attack?
- Does the Ancestral Guardian barbarian's Ancestral Protectors feature grant resistance against spells such as fireball and toll the dead?
- Can a rogue use the Steady Aim optional class feature with attack spells?
- Does the Ranger's Favoured Foe Ability from Tasha's work with Cantrips?
- Would a Rogue's Uncanny Dodge feature halve the damage of a Magic Missile spell?
- Can a familiar from the Find Familiar spell use Dragon's Breath?
- Can the Hexblade warlock's Armor of Hexes feature be used to cancel a ranged spell attack?
If those open questions are not duplicates, are the currently closed questions also not duplicates? If those closed questions are duplicates, are the currently open questions also duplicates? Which of these questions should and should not be marked as a duplicate of the general "What counts as an attack" question?