My question here is about What popular culture Easter Eggs exist in published adventures?
There was a lot of discussion in the comments already, with the overall gist that the question is not hopeless and might be tweaked to be reopened. My impression from the discussion there
- The question could be somewhat off-topic as it is not the typical question for here, however this Stack Exchange is likely the best one to be able to answer it
- The question has similarities to a list question, but not in a bad way and there are many other successful similar questions, so this would not be a reason to close it
- The question could be considered opinion-based, if the proof about the pop culture reference is not conclusive / authoritative
- The question needs details or clarity, because it might be difficult to define what counts as pop culture vs. general fantasy literature background that inspired role playing games
- The question needs more focus, with too many modules published and therefore potential Easter Eggs.
So, did I miss any category for which questions can be closed, or did I manage to cover them all in one single question? Ah, no: it is not a duplicate. Well, can't win them all.
OK, back to the question: none of these reasons seems to be unequivocal based on the discussion. I personally would love to learn about more such cool Easter Eggs hidden in the published modules, and this is something that likely can be done best by a community, as one person may be able to make a connection where another would not, and prove it and share it. All together we may be able to find most of them.
One concern I hear is that the question will be flooded with meaningless or redundant answers, or it will take time of the moderators as people argue about if something is a valid Easter Egg or not. However, while the question remained open, nobody did venture even a single Easter Egg (granted ... that did not take too long before it was closed down). Does anyone even know of another Easter Egg similar to the example given?
What would be the most important thing(s) to fix, and how could you see it being tweaked? For example, a very simple approach would be to limit the question to a single adventure module, like Dragon Heist. How many Easter Eggs can there be in a single module? If the rest was acceptable I could then easily replicate this question separately for each module. Would this be a possible solution, or do you have other recommendations?