While commenting on the need for a God Machine tag that stands separately from the nwod-god-machine tag, I made an offhand reference to a hypothetical cthulhu. Turns out we have one. Turns out it's being used awfully.
Here's the description from the tag wiki:
"Cthulhu is a fiction being [sic] created by Howard Philips Lovecraft. He, along with the rest of the Cthulhu mythos, are commonly used in horror RPGs, most notably The Call of Cthulhu and more recently The Trail of Cthulhu."
Here are the questions tagged with this:
- Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos in pre-CoC D&D? (looking for a list of references)
- Monster resource from Cthulu Mythos adjusted for D&D (looking for a list of stats)
- Trail of Cthulhu Combat Question (question about TOC initiative)
- Cthulhu in D&D 3.5 (looking for stats for Cthulhu himself -- a real use of the tag)
- Call of Cthulhu 6th or 7th edition? (edition version differences)
- Which systems use the Cthulhu Mythos? (closed as list question)
- Game in which the stars are right (product ID question)
- What are the main differences between Call of Cthulhu and Trail of Cthulhu?
- What would be a good randomiser to use for a game in the dark?
Of these questions, only one actually references the fictional entity that the wiki says the tag is about; the others are either references to particular Mythos games, asking about the Mythos generally, or are completely out there. Can we sink this tag, or at least redefine it to something more useful?