About a week ago, we discussed how to sort out the World of Darkness tags in Clean up tagging for "World of Darkness" related questions. The question's been settled for about a week, and it seems you have all come to agreement on a particular scheme with no major disagreements voiced.
I'm creating this question to prompt you to act on it. It's time to start retagging. This is the part that takes work and patience.
Use this thread to discuss pertinent retagging stuff.
If you identify a tag synonym, merge, or rename that would save a lot of retagging work, please bring it up here. This is preferable to manual edits.
I suggest you identify a search query, or a series of search queries, which represent all World of Darkness questions, and work through them ordered by Newest - this is an order that won't change, so you can safely work through it from newest to oldest (or vice versa) without the order changing and leaving you missing a question because it's now in a page you covered yesterday.
The new tagging scheme
The new scheme is suggested in the previous thread.. I'll also describe it here.
The series tag
First, there's world-of-darkness. Apply this to any questions which are about the World of Darkness line of games and settings in general. This tag may get used, it may not.
Its questions may generally involve version comparison questions, or historical questions, or questions about consistent design choices through the series, or so on. See the dungeons-and-dragons tag for a sample of the types of questions this tag might contain, from the D&D context.
Do not use this tag for questions asking about a specific World of Darkness edition. It's redundant in those cases. Save your limited 5 tags for something else; you will already be using at least 2 of them on an edition and game.
The edition tags
Each question asking about a specific World of Darkness game should have at least one of these tags.
- nwod-god-machine - for the time being, tag questions using the rules update with this tag. This may later become a synonym of new-world-of-darkness-2e.
- new-world-of-darkness-2e (This will come into the picture later.)
There may be questions asking about comparisons between Old and New; these can be tagged with both. The long form of these tags has been chosen over the short form (wod, owod, nwod) for legibility and SEO.
The game tags
These are tags such as:
- for old-world-of-darkness...
- for new-world-of-darkness...
- demon-the-descent (also use nwod-god-machine)
- blood-and-smoke (also use nwod-god-machine, again)
- for new-world-of-darkness-2e (after it's out)...
- vampire-the-requiem-2e (blood-and-smoke may become a synonym of this)
If someone is asking about a specific game, it should have a tag describing it. As a rule of thumb: if someone is going to leave their other manuals on the shelf to run this game, it should probably have its own tag. That means for now, Blood & Smoke should also have a tag.
Tag games by their book title. Vampire: the Requiem 2nd Edition has a '2e' in its tag name because the book will be titled that way. Vampire: the Requiem's first edition does not have a '1e', because it isn't titled that way.
Other questions in the World of Darkness tag cleanup project
- Clean up tagging for "World of Darkness" related questions (and the many now closed as a duplicate of it)
- Cleaning up the Mess of cleaning up the mess of wod tag metas
- World of Darkness tags: include the 'the' from the title, or drop it?