The description of the design tag seems to focus on game design, and I think 90% of the questions in it could/should be retagged game-design. Is this tag doing anything for us besides splitting up game design questions into two tags?
Both tags cover asking practical game design questions ("I'm making a game and stuck on this part") and cover asking why certain design decisions were made ("Game X did this thing, why did they do that?").
The exception is a small number of design questions that are about design of other things, which I've identified below. I've dropped the design tag from these or replaced it with a specific design tag (like adventure-writing).
Questions where I've dropped or replaced the design tag:
- What to do in the Shadowfell?
- Are there advantages to descending AC? (also had game-design)
- Show off your Character Sheet Designs
- What do I consider when populating D&D 4E Dungeons?
- Has anyone released Castle of the Mad Archmage upper levels?
- How can I turn the Kobold Hall delve into a full-fledged Adventure? [closed]
- Help Identify a Medieval City [closed]
- Are there any free tools for designing encounters or traps? [closed]