With Exalted currently in the 3rd edition (since this year), we should make sure that those 2nd/2.5th Edition Questions are marked distinct from those that target 3rd Edition specifically.
At the moment, I know of 1 question about 3rd Edition specifically:
On the other hand, questions about 2/2.5 are numerous (no reason mentioned means, it is specified to target 2/2.5 in the question). At times, those questions can not be pinned to either variant specifically:
- Exalted Land Speed Record Build (references Dreams of first Age, a 2nd Ed Book)
- Sixth Excellency and Craft abilities- Is this as awesome as I think it is? (judging by date)
- Can the Infallible Messenger find an Alchemical Exalt?
- Specialties and weapon types (references page in Main Book = 2nd Edition Core)
- Can a player with "Harmonious Academic Methodology" train himself without spending XP? (2nd ed charm in question)
- What would this Sorcery Fix do for Exalted? (presumably 2nd ed by date)
- What does it take for a new dragonblood character to know sorcery? (specific about a 2nd ed book)
- How deadly are extras in Exalted 2nd ed.?
- How do I make a physical challenge for Dawn-caste Solar Exalted?
- What is a challenge to a Perfect character? (judging by date)
- What systems use an initiative system similar to Exalted 2nd Edition?
- Sorcery and Occult Excellencies
- Are any solar medicine charms effective against Final Viridescence?
- Are Fair Folk charms supposed to cost 12xp for Eclipse caste? (judging by date & XP cost scales mentioned)
- What is the difference between being inside or outside of fate from a mechanical point of view? (question about mechanics, most likely 2nd Edition, because it was before the release of 3rd)
- Exalted -- stacking multiple types of armor
- Exalted - Sidereal Dice Cap
- Bonus dice and flurries
- Exalted Limit Breaks - How do I get them to occur more often? (Virtues are mentioned, so most likely 2E)
- What is Exalted Paranoia Combat? (Judging by date and reference to the Forum, which was the White Wolf Forum back then, now defunct).
- Does No-Key the Mushroom King appear in any Exalted 2nd Ed Sourcebooks?
There is even one, that asks about tirst edition!
Contested/unclear in edition is sometimes a case too:
- Do Alchemical Exalts need Slots to learn Martial Arts? (1E or 2E? more likely 2E)
- https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/77762/can-you-cause-harm-through-crush-while-clinching (March 2016 - could be based on 2.5, the leak of development/playtest materil of 3E or proper 3E
- Rules modifications for Exalted Clinches (no clear ref to 1E or 2E, probably 2E)
- How can a beginner GM deal with multitude of charms in Exalted? (might refer to 1E or 2E, most likely later)
So, my proposition is:
- exalted for all of the background or version agnostic needs
- for the rule-specific ones:
- exalted-1, exalted-2 and exalted-3, depending on edition. This would pick up the scheme of calling it "E1" etc, omitting the edition.
- OR: exalted-1e, exalted-2e and exalted-3e, to better to follow the tagging scheme on the site:
- Should the need for a distinct exalted-2.5 or exalted-2.5e be there, it should be implemented, but tagging it as exalted 2.5 would have to imply tagging also exalted 2, because the difference between 2 and 2.5 is mainly made by just applying the huge errata document or ignoring it.