a-game-of-thrones sits on five questions currently.
- Some are about the d20 system titled "A Game of Thrones."
- Some are about the setting of the A Song of Ice and Fire books and the Game of Thrones television show.
- Some of those ^^ are about the setting, and about the system song-of-ice-and-fire-rpg (8 questions as of this writing).
So it seems to me that the GoT tag is doing double-duty: covering a published system and covering a setting employed by multiple game (and other) products.
What to do? I see some options:
- Restrict each tag to its published game and remove it from questions where it seems to only be indicating setting; trust that readers will understand that questions about either game necessarily imply the shared setting.
- rename a-game-of-thrones to a-game-of-thrones-rpg and apply that to questions about the d20 GoT game; leave the ASoIaF tag as is, and create a new tag name-tbd which describes the setting.
I know it's only a dozen questions, but no path forward strikes me as terribly good. Some of the questions are about each system. Some do really seem to be about the setting. And I, at least, was confused by the dual-usage of the GoT tag.
Are there strong arguments for/against any of the above options? Are there better ideas I haven't thought of? Is this a non-problem, and I should untwist my knickers?