Consider Optimizing a Wizard that does no direct damage in D&D 5e:
- asked thirteen months ago,
- closed as "too broad" that day by 5 users,
- some commentary prompted OP to specify criteria, still on the same day,
- reopened by five different users after those ^^ edits,
- closed two hours later by a diamond mod as "too broad,"
- edited non-substantively (mostly trimming it up a bit) today,
- reopened by 5 users today.
The sum total rep of the sixteen close- and open-voters above is approximately one billion--these contradictory votes should all be taken as a sign this post needs discussing rather than just ping-ponging back and forth between open and closed, in my opinion. We're clearly in a grey area!
I've gone ahead and locked it for a week so we can hash it out here:
Should this question be closed as "too broad," or is its unusual direction of CharOp well-described?