community wiki mean?
Basically, they are posts that are owned by the community with a much lower reputation threshold for editing. They are sometimes used when the poster wants others to collaborate and add to their answer and improve it, such as this one.
- Community Wiki posts are owned by the Community User, not by any individual user.
- A much lower reputation (100 instead of 2000) is needed to edit a community wiki post.
- Voting on a community wiki post (up or down) does not affect any user's reputation.
- The original author still gets badges based on community posts.
- The original author keeps the reputation gained (or lost) before their post entered community mode.
A post (question or answer) becomes community wiki if one of the following is true:
- It has more than 30 answers.
- The owner has edited the post 10 times (tag edits don't count).
- 5 different users have edited it (again, tag edits don't count).
- It's flagged for moderator attention and a moderator enables the community wiki mode (typically done only by request).
An answer is made community wiki:
- if the owner check the box when creating or editing it.
- if it is posted to a question that is already community wiki.