I think we should burninate campaign-settings. It seems to be overloaded and doesn't actually say or do much.
From what I can tell, it gets used in the following situations:
“I am asking about a (non-default) setting”, e.g.: How common is faction membership in Planescape? or Which Golarion features are important to Curse of the Crimson Throne?.
“I am asking about some lore details of the game's default setting”, e.g. What is the default date of Fireborn? or (initially, before I removed it) How large are the Shards?. This doesn't seem to do anything meaningful in these situations; we can use lore instead for “I'm looking for information about the world” and we can also use just the game's tag alone when we're asking about its setting.
Six publishing questions that are in some way about settings: https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/publishing+campaign-settings
I think instead we should be using:
- Lore tag when it's about in-world lore
- A tag for the specific setting or expansion or mechanic, as and when it seems appropriate based on our judgement
- Optionally just the game tag itself when we're asking about its setting
- Publishing questions can still be tagged as publishing or IP
- campaign-settings gets burninated
If I'm missing something and we should keep it, please do speak your mind in response.