I flagged What passive scores exist? as a duplicate of Which skills can be used passively? based on the titles. However it was pointed out that the primary question of the new Q&A was only a second question of the older one, and was only partially addressed by the answer on the old Q&A.
What's the right way to handle this?
Some non-exhaustive possible options might be:
- Just keep the new Q&A closed as a duplicate.
- This seems unsatisfying to me since the user's question has not fully been addressed by the old Q&A.
- Edit the old Q&A to remove the second question (this would also likely necesssitate changing the question title and removing the part of the singlge answer that relates to the second question) and reopen the new Q&A.
- I think this seems like fairly heavy-handed editing, particularly to the answer.
- Keep the new Q&A closed as duplicate, and try to solicit fuller answers on the original Q&A for the second question on it (e.g. via bounty).
- This feels unsatistfying because the old Q&A already has an accepted answer, and thus would require a user to put a bounty on it. Not to mention that it's then very explicitly making the old Q&A two separate questions.