mxyzplk - SE stop being evil
Why is SE Being Evil?
Stack Exchange management has displayed shocking behavior against mods of their sites, especially Monica Cellio by dismissing her for no reason and then slandering her in the media. See this meta post for more details. SE has refused to address this in any manner other than obfuscation and lies to the SE community, leading to Monica having to take legal action against them and them finally agreeing to a non-apology retraction. Subsequently they fired long term trusted community moderators, made it clear they have only contempt for the community and refuse to read or participate in Meta.SE. All of us provide free work for them and generate their revenue via questions and answers, and moderators (I was one for a long time) do additional volunteer work for them, and their exploitation of that labor is unethical.
I’m a fortysomething dad and tech professional living in the Austin, TX area. I started gaming way back in the day, 1982, with the TSR space opera game Star Frontiers. Since then I've been an avid roleplayer. I went to 5 Gen Cons, was a regional Triad for the RPGA's Living Greyhawk campaign, helped start a gaming club (the FORGE) in Memphis, TN.
I GM and play a variety of RPGs; currently Pathfinder is in heavy rotation as well as various non-D&D-based games.
- Role-playing Games 166.5k 166.5k 2727 gold badges410410 silver badges638638 bronze badges
- The Workplace 16.4k 16.4k 88 gold badges4343 silver badges6161 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 5.1k 5.1k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Christianity 2.8k 2.8k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 1.3k 1.3k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 502 How do I get my PCs to not be a bunch of murderous cretins?
- 241 Is it normal for a computer science intern to not work with any code or developers?
- 236 Being asked to sign a "termination certificate" 6 months after resigning
- 223 What did Monica do to violate the CoC?
- 169 Company looks for long-term employees, but I know I won't be interested in staying long
- 153 How has D&D's guidance to DMs on when to extrapolate from written rules and when to improvise changed over time?
- 153 Without a magic item economy, what is gold for?
- View more network posts →