GNU/Linux hacker and command line junkie.
I like efficient code, and knowing how things really work.
I mostly use C/C++ (and perl/bash) on Linux, but I mostly look at assembly-language stuff on SO because it's more interesting to me, and there are fewer people posting good asm answers.
(profile pic is from https://xkcd.com/386/, and describes me perfectly. Incomplete answers/explanations make me crazy.)
Member for 5 years, 11 months
3 profile views
Last seen Jul 1 at 21:16
- Stack Overflow 202.8k 202.8k 3030 gold badges331331 silver badges499499 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 5.4k 5.4k 1717 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Super User 3.6k 3.6k 1919 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Code Golf 3.2k 3.2k 1313 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Video Production 2.4k 2.4k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1906 C++ code for testing the Collatz conjecture faster than hand-written assembly - why?
- 405 Deoptimizing a program for the pipeline in Intel Sandybridge-family CPUs
- 288 Does the C++ standard allow for an uninitialized bool to crash a program?
- 221 What is the best way to set a register to zero in x86 assembly: xor, mov or and?
- 194 Can num++ be atomic for 'int num'?
- 150 Why does glibc's strlen need to be so complicated to run quickly?
- 143 What Every Programmer Should Know About Memory?
- View more network posts →