GNU/Linux hacker and command line junkie.
I like efficient code, and knowing how things really work.
I mostly use C/C++ (and perl/bash) on Linux, but I mostly look at assembly-language stuff on SO because it's more interesting to me, and there are fewer people posting good asm answers.
(profile pic is from https://xkcd.com/386/, and describes me perfectly. Incomplete answers/explanations make me crazy.)
Member for 6 years, 9 months
3 profile views
Last seen May 8 at 20:14
- Stack Overflow 243.7k 243.7k 3434 gold badges422422 silver badges602602 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 5.7k 5.7k 1818 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Super User 4.4k 4.4k 2222 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Code Golf 3.5k 3.5k 1515 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Video Production 2.6k 2.6k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1959 Why does C++ code for testing the Collatz conjecture run faster than hand-written assembly?
- 411 Deoptimizing a program for the pipeline in Intel Sandybridge-family CPUs
- 297 Does the C++ standard allow for an uninitialized bool to crash a program?
- 254 What is the best way to set a register to zero in x86 assembly: xor, mov or and?
- 211 Can num++ be atomic for 'int num'?
- 190 What Every Programmer Should Know About Memory?
- 163 Why does glibc's strlen need to be so complicated to run quickly?
- View more network posts →