GNU/Linux hacker and command line junkie.
I like efficient code, and knowing how things really work.
I mostly use C/C++ (and perl/bash) on Linux, but I mostly look at assembly-language stuff on SO because it's more interesting to me, and there are fewer people posting good asm answers.
(profile pic is from https://xkcd.com/386/, and describes me perfectly. Incomplete answers/explanations make me crazy.)
Member for 7 years
3 profile views
Last seen Jul 20 at 3:38
- Stack Overflow 253k 253k 3636 gold badges437437 silver badges633633 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 5.7k 5.7k 1818 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Super User 4.5k 4.5k 2222 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Code Golf 3.6k 3.6k 1515 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Video Production 2.6k 2.6k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1977 Why does C++ code for testing the Collatz conjecture run faster than hand-written assembly?
- 413 Deoptimizing a program for the pipeline in Intel Sandybridge-family CPUs
- 300 Does the C++ standard allow for an uninitialized bool to crash a program?
- 261 What is the best way to set a register to zero in x86 assembly: xor, mov or and?
- 214 Can num++ be atomic for 'int num'?
- 203 What Every Programmer Should Know About Memory?
- 164 Why does glibc's strlen need to be so complicated to run quickly?
- View more network posts →