I'm a geek, a role-player and a biker.
I work for Diamond Light Source, developing open source scientific software for the UK national synchrotron facility. In the past I have worked in the robotics, mechatronics and laser micro-machining industries.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Member for 8 years, 9 months
15 profile views
Last seen Jan 9 at 14:46
- Software Engineering 13.3k 13.3k 33 gold badges3535 silver badges7575 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 6.3k 6.3k 5454 silver badges8686 bronze badges
- Area 51 5.7k 5.7k 22 gold badges55 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- The Workplace 5k 5k 11 gold badge2828 silver badges5151 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 4k 4k 11 gold badge2424 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 257 Why is 80 characters the 'standard' limit for code width?
- 111 How can I run the Pi on Solar Power?
- 103 Is micro-optimisation important when coding?
- 90 What other hidden or inobvious RSS feeds are available on Stack Exchange and its sites?
- 89 Real differences between "java -server" and "java -client"?
- 85 Is it worthwhile to write unit tests for scientific research codes?
- 80 How can I extend the life of my SD card?
- View more network posts →
13 Has Role-Playing Games Stack Exchange lost its appeal? Apr 25 '11
7 Beta stats review Apr 20 '11
2 What to do about comment misuse? May 30 '18