Usually a GM, rarely a player. I prefer science-fiction and modern/urban fantasy over medieval or high fantasy. At conventions, I end up playing and running lots of Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition under Adventurers League rules.
- FanPro's Shadowrun (Played and run all versions before 6th Edition.)
- White Wolf's Changeling: The Dreaming (I own every book published in the original line. I also have the shiny 20th Anniversary edition, but I haven't used it.)
- Dream Pod 9's Silhouette (I run Robotech/Macross games, but DP9's Heavy Gear and Jovian Chronicles settings are fabulous, too.)
A Note on DM's Prerogative
It goes without stating that a DM can change whatever they'd like, so citing "DM's prerogative" makes any answer moot. The DM can always do whatever they like, so using it as justification just weakens an answer. Interpreting logic and word choice is a different matter.
Member for 5 years, 10 months
6 profile views
Last seen Jan 14 at 14:03
- Role-playing Games 45.5k 45.5k 77 gold badges164164 silver badges223223 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 5.4k 5.4k 44 gold badges2424 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 2.1k 2.1k 22 gold badges1616 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- Arqade 1.5k 1.5k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Super User 1.3k 1.3k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 125 Can the DM change his/her mind after a player has rolled?
- 109 "Run as Administrator" vs "Run (As Admin!)"
- 107 Why didn't the Imperials block the exhaust port on the Death Star during the Battle of Yavin?
- 100 Is there a way to ask in game (i.e. in a non-meta way) what a character's class is?
- 78 Why would shapeshifters choose to keep an original form?
- 74 Can a lower ranking officer (Captain, for example) be in charge of a ship with a higher ranking officer (Commodore, or Rear Admiral) on board?
- 67 Do you have to have figures when playing D&D?
- View more network posts →