Software Engineer and Old-School Gamer.
30+ years of gaming started in AD&D then went back to Basic then to 2nd. Got fed up with the complexity and Monty Haul of 3.X/PF tried 4e but hated it but have settled on 5e as a nice middle ground on both a framework and open minded game play.
The answer to every question is "Work with your DM". All other answers posted here are interpretation from experience and opinion. Even if the published book says X it is still entirely up to your DM.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
--George Bernard Shaw
Top Network Posts
- 82 What to do about PC rerolling for great stats?
- 72 How do I allow the Rogue opportunities to be stealthy with a Druid in the party?
- 34 What happens when it's time to level up and I no longer meet a multiclass prerequisite?
- 28 Can you Dispel animated dead?
- 27 Is there any way for my wizard to learn just sword proficiency?
- 25 Would animated +1 daggers' attacks be considered magical?
- 24 Can dispel magic end a conjure animals spell?
- View more network posts →