Roleplayer, lapsed blogger, and full-time dad.
I've been playing and GMing for over 25 years, including most of the D&D editions, from B/X to D&D 5e. Becoming a fan of indie games and then the OSR in the early 2000s expanded my horizons for both trad and indie games, and now I like too many games. I'm fond of GMless and short-form games since they suit a busy schedule and are good for enticing non-gamers into the hobby. I'm a sucker for deep worldbuilding, mine or others'.
Running Dungeon Fantasty RPG • Playing — • Planning — • Reading Romance of the Three Kingdoms; The Way of Kings
- Role-playing Games 231.1k 231.1k 3838 gold badges741741 silver badges10001000 bronze badges
- Arqade 32.6k 32.6k 1414 gold badges9999 silver badges164164 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 5.2k 5.2k 2121 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 2.8k 2.8k 1414 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Physics 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge88 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 234 How to stop players from making the game X-rated
- 175 What do you do when your players guess your plots?
- 149 How can DMs effectively telegraph specific dangers in D&D?
- 146 Punishing a player for instant-actioning
- 144 Can the dungeon master have a player character?
- 135 How to ask nicely in Dungeon World
- 117 One of my players is trying to cast a spell that isn't in the handbook, and he hasn't told me how his character knows it
- View more network posts →