How I got here (Big improviser, sandbox-oriented)
When I was a kid I loved those Read your own adventure books, but I didn't like it when none of the options presented suited me. That's the main thing that caught my imagination when I first learned about RPGs in the early 1990s. Since then, I've managed to become a big improviser, heavy houseruler, and a fan of sandbox-style (I have played with a couple of railroaders, a bit frustrating at first but then just went with the flow and enjoyed the story).
I knew I wanted to play RPGs but had no clue how. First step was to buy one of the Red-Boxes. I tried to convince many friends to play. But since I had never played or even seen someone play I struggled a lot with the rules (I don't think it was fun for the friends who agreed to try it out).
By mid-to-late 90s, I finally met friends who had played before. Some had been playing for years. In those years I discovered most of the systems I play today.
I moved to another city in the year 2000 but found a gaming group without much hassle. Now I have several friends who like to play, so we have a very long list of in-progress games. We just get together and figure out which to play depending on who shows up.
The systems I play the most are:
- DND 3.5E (and a bit of 5E) - Mainly a DM, but occasional player.
- Vampire - Mainly a player, but occasional GM.
- Werewolf and Hunter - Occasional player.
- Mage and Kult - Occasional GM.
Member for 6 years, 11 months
6 profile views
Last seen Aug 10 at 1:23
- Role-playing Games 2.5k 2.5k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 1.7k 1.7k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Photography 624 624 77 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Arqade 381 381 55 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Spanish Language 343 343 33 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 39 How can I tell if my Wii Remote is counterfeit? (with pics)
- 24 Protection from rain - running vs. walking
- 24 Are D&D PDFs sold in multiple versions of different quality?
- 23 What can I do with a retired rope and harness?
- 22 How to safely mark a rope
- 17 How to show search results for all open buffers
- 17 How to let players feel the "power of belief"?
- View more network posts →