How I got here (Big improviser, sandbox-oriented)
When I was a kid I loved those Read your own adventure books, but I didn't like it when none of the options presented suited me. That's the main thing that caught my imagination when I first learned about RPGs in the early 1990s. Since then, I've managed to become a big improviser, heavy houseruler, and a fan of sandbox-style (I have played with a couple of railroaders, a bit frustrating at first but then just went with the flow and enjoyed the story).
I knew I wanted to play RPGs but had no clue how. First step was to buy one of the Red-Boxes. I tried to convince many friends to play. But since I had never played or even seen someone play I struggled a lot with the rules (I don't think it was fun for the friends who agreed to try it out).
By mid-to-late 90s, I finally met friends who had played before. Some had been playing for years. In those years I discovered most of the systems I play today.
I moved to another city in the year 2000 but found a gaming group without much hassle. Now I have several friends who like to play, so we have a very long list of in-progress games. We just get together and figure out which to play depending on who shows up.
The systems I play the most are:
- DND 3.5E (and a bit of 5E) - Mainly a DM, but occasional player.
- Vampire - Mainly a player, but occasional GM.
- Werewolf and Hunter - Occasional player.
- Mage and Kult - Occasional GM.
Member for 8 years, 8 months
6 profile views
Last seen Feb 6 at 19:41
- Role-playing Games 3.3k 3.3k 11 gold badge1919 silver badges5252 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 2.4k 2.4k 22 gold badges1818 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Photography 834 834 88 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Vi and Vim 627 627 77 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Arqade 391 391 55 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 39 How can I tell if my Wii Remote is counterfeit? (with pics)
- 24 Protection from rain - running vs. walking
- 24 Are D&D PDFs sold in multiple versions of different quality?
- 23 How to safely mark a rope
- 23 What can I do with a retired rope and harness?
- 19 How to show search results for all open buffers
- 18 How to let players feel the "power of belief"?
- View more network posts →