- High Concept: Geek of Computer Modeling
- Trouble: Always something new to dabble in
- Aspects: Where will this lead if thought through to the end? • I can't even play a bad guy • Improvisation and planning are like blackberries and tomato: I love one, appreciate the other, and mixing them requires serious inspiration.
I have been playing RPGs (and avoiding D&D) for quite some time now. My main interest is in games that explicitly tell you what game they are, and consistently follow up on that promise. If a game does this well, I may even start loving to play post-apocalyptic or PvP or high-school social or politics-centered or hidden-traitor games, even though that's opposite to my default preferences. Unfortunately that's not very wide-spread in the social circle I play with, so I have tried less things than I might like, and I think lots about Agendas, Managing Expectations, Techniques &c. myself.
I blame D. Vincent Baker's Apocalypse World for really getting me into this frame of mind.
- Stack Overflow 5.1k 5.1k 22 gold badges3131 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 3.9k 3.9k 1818 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 582 582 44 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Academia 429 429 33 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 420 420 22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 224 How to use the pass statement?
- 58 Blender: Walk around sphere
- 39 Why is dictionary ordering non-deterministic?
- 23 Is pasting an excerpt from Wikipedia in a paper without reference plagiarism?
- 19 How to GM "An arresting skinner" in a balanced, fair and fun way
- 19 openconnect cannot connect to Anyconnect VPN group using -g
- 16 Learning and using augmented Bayes classifiers in python
- View more network posts →