F. Randall Farmer
I was primarily an AD&D 1st edition DM and campaign designer for over 20 years then "retired" for about 10. I'm now getting back into it because my professional illustrator/daughter and I are building a game-world/campaign and we're building it for 4th edition.
As for me, I've been doing online game design off an on for that entire period. Do a google search of "Randy Farmer" or "F. Randall Farmer" and you'll find that I'm one of the co-inventors of the avatar and the virtual world, as well as a published author on various topics.
Google pointed me to rpg.stackexchange.com as a resource (I was trying to understand Skill Challenges) - and now I'm here to stay!
Member for 8 years, 11 months
36 profile views
Last seen Dec 15 '18 at 7:25
- Role-playing Games 12.7k 12.7k 44 gold badges3636 silver badges102102 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 332 332 33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- German Language 138 138 55 bronze badges
- Graphic Design 130 130 11 gold badge11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 101 101 11 bronze badge
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 323 How does a player correct a GM mistake without being a rules lawyer or pushover?
- 48 How do I quit a long-term game gracefully?
- 47 How does a DM correct the balance after accidentally giving the players too much gold?
- 35 Is it legally okay to blog a D&D 5e story (actual play)
- 31 What are the most important differences for a 1st Edition AD&D Dungeon Master learning to run D&D 4E?
- 30 GMing a setting when your players are more familiar with it than you
- 29 My group's misunderstood opportunity attacks for years; what to do now I know this?
- View more network posts →